Wild Speculation

769 replies to this topic

#441 El Loco

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 395 posts
  • LocationNew Haven, CT

Posted 30 March 2012 - 03:43 AM

The only civil war a nation deems important enough to spell it in capital letters... the war fought between the Confederation and the Union. Plus, where else in the world was a civil war going on in the early 1860's?

After counseling with a medical doctor, the devs have decided to implement a mandatory 10min break if a match continues for more than 2h. This is to prevent people from developing signs of epilepsy. During this break you can see your pilot have some tee and biscuits, or beer and porterhouse steak :D

#442 Hythos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
  • LocationLOS ANGELES, er, I mean Dustball

Posted 30 March 2012 - 10:01 AM

If no one sees your record-sheet when you're allocating damage received, you take no damage.

Likewise, if your opponent does not scan your armor/damage after each "round" of combat, they deal no damage.

#443 Omigir

Can I have a hug? :(

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,800 posts
  • LocationVa

Posted 31 March 2012 - 09:42 AM

Shameless plug:

This will become a playable mission when PVE is added. ;)

http://mwomercs.com/...430#entry183430

#444 Nik Van Rhijn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,905 posts
  • LocationLost

Posted 31 March 2012 - 11:00 AM

I think that's too close to the truth to be wild speculation. ;)

#445 Omigir

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,800 posts
  • LocationVa

Posted 31 March 2012 - 11:56 AM

If they do not make some maps that make fun of or give a nod to LOTR or other popular fiction, i will be very sad. So i really do hope there is a 'Deep Helms' map where you have to defend a Fortress at the back of a vally from a larger force or a force with more respawns XD

#446 Cold3y3s

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Corsair
  • The Corsair
  • 301 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 12:06 PM

View PostOmigir, on 31 March 2012 - 09:42 AM, said:

Shameless plug:

This will become a playable mission when PVE is added. ;)

http://mwomercs.com/...430#entry183430

I could roll with that ;)

#447 Omigir

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,800 posts
  • LocationVa

Posted 31 March 2012 - 12:23 PM

Tech Trees will be represented direly by a bio-mechanical Tree that you mech will walk up and interact with in a series of Facebook mini games.

#448 Exilyth

• Bridesmaid
  • 2,100 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 31 March 2012 - 12:36 PM

Mechs will be able to tear down every obstacle, except for waist high fences.

#449 Morashtak

• Mercenary
  • 1,242 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 31 March 2012 - 12:51 PM

Sis-boom-baa.

What's the sound an Exploding Sheep™ makes?

Yes, exploding sheep will roam freely during the battle. Take care not to step on one as they are deadly to legs up to and including 100tons Mech legs. Also, do not be next to one when your opponent targets it with a machine gun. Yes, Exploding Sheep™ will only be able to be detonated using a MG. Finally, a real reason to mount one.

Edited by Morashtak, 31 March 2012 - 12:51 PM.

#450 Nik Van Rhijn

• 2,905 posts
  • LocationLost

Posted 31 March 2012 - 03:50 PM

Deciding that they need a BBQ ready for after the battle (to go with the mead) members of the FRR forces have reintroduced a modified weapon, the idea for which dates back to Roman times. They release herds of pigs loaded with inferno rounds. These pigs have been trained to recognise various types of mechs with feeding stations. This has the dual purpose of helping to overheat the enemies mechs and as previously stated, provide an after battle snack.

Edited by Nik Van Rhijn, 01 April 2012 - 08:52 AM.

#451 Shiinore

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 483 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 03:59 PM

Speculating that a function will be implemented in MechWarrior Online allowing you to kick an enemy Mech in the groin. Doing so will disable the legs, and cause the Mech to tumble over into a fetal position.

Edited by Shiinore, 31 March 2012 - 03:59 PM.

#452 juxstapo

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,683 posts
  • Locationmy Tier is bigger than yours.

Posted 31 March 2012 - 04:12 PM

Pilots who choose a great house as their faction must learn whatever non-english language that house uses, otherwise they will be unable to chat with their teammates (even over voice), or read mission briefings and damage reports.

Schnell! Schnell!

Support will eventually be added for an electric space heater with a USB thermostat, allowing the game to realistically portray in-cockpit heat levels, thereby proving its DieHard Sim status.

Pilots who can avoid being hit for a certain amount of time will regenerate damaged armor.

Angelina Jolie will portray Natasha Kerensky.

#453 Fetladral

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 525 posts
  • LocationAsgard

Posted 31 March 2012 - 04:54 PM

At random intervals at the beginning of a battle a holographic princess Leia will show up on your command console and say "Help me (pilot name) you're my only hope"

#454 Omigir

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,800 posts
  • LocationVa

Posted 01 April 2012 - 08:35 AM

View PostMorashtak, on 31 March 2012 - 12:51 PM, said:

Sis-boom-baa.

What's the sound an Exploding Sheep™ makes?

Yes, exploding sheep will roam freely during the battle. Take care not to step on one as they are deadly to legs up to and including 100tons Mech legs. Also, do not be next to one when your opponent targets it with a machine gun. Yes, Exploding Sheep™ will only be able to be detonated using a MG. Finally, a real reason to mount one.

On special days, all auto cannons will shoot out these sheep. You will have to shoot them as they hit or just before, some times just after with MG's in order to do damage. This first will happen in honor of the re-re-re-release of Babe 3D HD FMG.

View PostShiinore, on 31 March 2012 - 03:59 PM, said:

Speculating that a function will be implemented in MechWarrior Online allowing you to kick an enemy Mech in the groin. Doing so will disable the legs, and cause the Mech to tumble over into a fetal position.

This will be exploited, but rather then removing it, they will implement a cash shop item called 'The Cup' and it wont be for drinking from unless you are a lady atlas, or a boob cannon Awesome. It will only mitigate the groin kicking problem because PGI does not like P2W

View PostFetladral, on 31 March 2012 - 04:54 PM, said:

At random intervals at the beginning of a battle a holographic princess Leia will show up on your command console and say "Help me (pilot name) you're my only hope"

Latter, due to limited funds, this function will only happen when Urbanmech's on the battlefield. So every one can experience it, all urbanmechs will project a giant holograph from the center of its viewport.

Also due to funds, it will project a white blob of light that is blinding with random pre-recorded white noise. Ever player in fear up upsetting the dev's will say they saw the message when asked, and thus it will become a rumor that every pilot has their own experience when 'the message happens'.

in reality its brainwashing by Paul...

We are programed to receive, commstar @__@

#455 Gremlich Johns

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,855 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 01 April 2012 - 01:47 PM

View PostEl Loco, on 30 March 2012 - 03:43 AM, said:

The only civil war a nation deems important enough to spell it in capital letters... the war fought between the Confederation and the Union. Plus, where else in the world was a civil war going on in the early 1860's?

Japan
Germany

Edited by Gremlich Johns, 01 April 2012 - 01:49 PM.

#456 Omigir

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,800 posts
  • LocationVa

Posted 01 April 2012 - 09:14 PM

the 'Titan' (not the titan 2) Will not be in the game, but will only come with one paint scheme: Red uper half with giant white numbers on the chest, and white waist/thighs and beige from the knees down :ph34r:
Posted Image

#457 El Loco

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 395 posts
  • LocationNew Haven, CT

Posted 02 April 2012 - 03:30 AM

View PostGremlich Johns, on 01 April 2012 - 01:47 PM, said:

Japan
Germany

Germany? No. We had a war in 1864 "Germany" together with Austria vs Denmark, in 1866 "Germany" with Italy against Austria, and in 1870/71 Germany against France. ("Germany" = many of the German kingdoms, duchies, etc. under leadership of Prussia). None of these were civil wars.

Japan? The Boshun War was in 1868/69. That's the late 1860's :angry: :ph34r:

But I would be more than happy to fight those wars as well. So far, we have covered a Davion campaign (US Civil War), a couple of Steiner campaigns, and a Kurita campaign. For Liao's kinsmen you will have plenty of chances, but I think the civil war from 1947-49 could be interesting :ph34r:

As for Marik... difficult... any ideas other than the Spanish civil war from 1936-39?

#458 Omigir

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,800 posts
  • LocationVa

Posted 03 April 2012 - 11:28 AM

There will be adult servers where you will be able to dress down your battlemech and engage in inappropriate behavior with it on the battlefield. Furries and SL'ers will plague these severs.

There will also be a battletech craft server where the whole world is going to be blocky and when mechs blow up, the remenents of their components are left as little floating box.

#459 Morashtak

• Mercenary
  • 1,242 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 03 April 2012 - 05:50 PM

Due to players finding romance and even getting married in other games store items will include tins can on strings to tie to your Mechs legs and a "Just Married" decal that will be displayed prominently across your rear torso locations.

Optional skins will include a formal suit with tails and top hat as well as a white dress complete with veil and bridal train.

Confetti will be AC/2 rounds; since they do so little damage it's considered lucky to take an internal on your wedding day.

(c'mon, people, only 38 more posts until this hits 500!)

#460 Omigir

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,800 posts
  • LocationVa

Posted 03 April 2012 - 10:26 PM

The unseen are confirmed in MW:O. in order to do this, harmony gold made PGI (negotiations led by Paull and Russ) sign a contract that would:
  • Bring the unseen back to their Japanese mecha roots.They would do this by allowing unseen to be hyper mobile and articulated. they will also jet around the battlefield like fairies.
  • Bring new revenue to HG. This will be done by having each unseen cost an absorbent amount of money.
  • To balance the P2W mecha unseen, they will be a 1 time purchase, and once destroyed the will have to be purchased again. 4. they will be loathed by all, and will become targets by both foe and friend alike. there will be much QQ From mason due to never being able truly having his precious marauder.

EDIT: Post phone post corrections

Edited by Omigir, 04 April 2012 - 04:32 AM.

26 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 26 guests, 0 anonymous users